Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Farewell November

Long time no blog eh? I have been quiet for some time due to busy times at work and lots of illness in our household.  Annoyingly we have not had a period at all this month when we have all been healthy!

Stella was hit by a stomach bug, the flu then a virus. Then my husband and I both had a ghastly stomach bug.  It seems from listening to my friends with children that everybody has something at the moment and actually looking back at this time last year we were in exactly the same position.

Our weekends have revolved around the sofa, comfortable clothes, the washing machine churning endlessly and far too much Peppa Pig. 

To top it all off last week I left the house to visit my local Mums and Tots group and hit my car off a bollard in the car park. Ouch. 

Really I know that I shouldn't have been driving at all with no food in my stomach and feeling ever so horrendous but because I was feeling soooo horrible I thought it would be a good idea to get out of the house and let Stella play with some other children in the hopes that I could get sat down for a bit.....

Clearly that didn't work out and it certainly made for one highly expensive never mind embarrassing (lots of tears) trip out.  After pranging my car I was in no mood for playtime so it was a quick turn around back home to lick my wounds! 

But with every cloud there is always a silver lining and I received some really kind messages from the girls at my group that most definitely helped me feel that bit better. 

Following that car mishap another one occurred when a transit van decided to force me onto a grassy verge and remove and destroy my entire wing mirror. 😱

Today my car is basically just sat in bits in my driveway and after getting a terrifying quote for the work that needs done to it it might well just stay that way.

So yes....December!  Hurrah! This month will be much better of that I am sure.

Below is a photo of me (looking EXHAUSTED, those eye bags!) wearing a beautiful Vivienne Westwood scarf that I picked up from Roco Boutique.  Isn't it a stunner?  Plus the bonus is its very warm.

Outfit
Scarf - Vivienne Westwood at Roco Boutique Holywood
Coat - All Saints City Monument Coat
Jeans - All Saints Grace
Boots - Dune Trish Over the Knee Boots

Did anyone get anything from the Black Friday sales? I had been considering making a Mulberry bag purchase but sadly there were no discounts available. Instead I took advantage of the 30% off at All Saints and purchased a top and a couple of jumpers oh and a candle or 2 from Zara Home who do thee nicest candles (as good as Jo Malone in my opinion but for half the price) 

If your on the look out for a gorgeous scarf and hat then I have found a few nice options, I am currently trying to work out which I will be purchasing


L-R - John Lewis Studded Set - Mint Velvet Jewelled Neutral Hat
LK Bennett Cashmere Mink Pink Set - Ted Baker Bobble Hat
John Lewis Nordic Set - Ted Baker Pom Scarf

Isn't that LK Bennett hat and scarf beautiful?  Of course I am drawn to it as typically it is the most expensive but it is cashmere so possibly a nice investment buy?! 


Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment